The Fox – Minimal Blog/Magazine Theme For Creators Download
The Fox is a super fast,…
The Fox is a super fast,...
The Fox is a super fast, mobile friendly and SEO-optimized minimalist WordPress blog/magazine theme with 1,000+ options that allow you to customize every single element, say post title, content font face, font size, color.. All dedicated demos are one-click importable to help you build a clean and professional blog or magazine in no time.
The Fox is also super lightweight. No additional page builders required. All customizations are built-in theme. The theme supports Elementor very well with 10+ Fox-blocks but it’s not mandatory to install Elementor.
- Fox Classic: Old but gold. The original design with strong typography, big bold magazine style that’s suitable for Photography, Food, Politics, Opinion, Fashion, Travel, Illustration, Comics, Cartoon..
- Fox Times: Inspired by popular online news sites such as New York Times, La Times, Telegraph.. that covers Politics, Opinion, Interview, World News, Arts, Cooking..
- Fox Commentary: Inspired by the Newyorker, Fox Commentary is a funky demo that focuses on Satire, Comics, Criticisms, Illustrators..
- Fox Science: Inspired by Scientific American, clean magazine for Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nature, Medical, History, Technology, Artificial Intelligence news..
- Fox Lifestyle: Chic & super clean demo for lifestyle bloggers. You can use for a food blog or travel blog as well.
- Fox Fashion: Inspired by Bazaar, a minimalist and elegant, dedicated for Beauty, Fashion, Celebrities news, Lifestyle, Love, Cosmetics, Horoscope..
If you like blogging, Fox is great: 100% compatibility with WordPress 5.4.1 and Gutenberg Editor. It also supports YouTube videos, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tiktok embed in post. You’ll love Fox’s minimalism in design and modern typography style.
Fox is also WooCommerce-ready for shop owners who wanna build a blog shop.
Summary of Fox 4.4: CUSTOMIZER SEARCH functionality, HOMEBUIDER DRAG & DROP to reorder builder sections, Allow to use widgets in builder section, Home builder layout: Post Modern Slider, Commentary Demo, Lifestyle Demo, Coronavirus live data widget.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- Installable WordPress theme file
- All demos with one-click import feature. Just click then your site looks 100% same as demo.
- All necessary plugins
- FREE lifetime updates
- 6 months support by default (or 12 months if you choose). You can extend support later.
- Theme Documentation
FULL FEATURE LIST
WordPress 5.4.1 compatible. Gutenberg editor ready
Fox is always update to date and will be compatible with future WordPress versions. We also support Classic Editor for those who doesn’t like the new editor. Fox is also support PHP 7 and SSL friendly. In fact, The Fox is running in PHP 7 with SSL enabled.
Responsive and Mobile-Friendly
While mobile is an inevitable and trending, Fox is serious with mobile version.
Beautiful Off Canvas-menu: Look like Facebook, nytimes, new yorker, elle with custom mobile menu. You can select mobile menu items different from desktop version.
Responsive Banner Ad: You can upload different images for desktop, tablet and phone.
Responsive Typography: You can set different font size for different devices. Each element: logo, body text, heading, navigation, blog post title, single post title, post meta etc.
Responsive Images: All images use srcset, mobile version always loads images with appropriate sizes that lighter than desktop so it’s faster.
Lazy Load compatible built-in lazy load helps your site loading faster significantly.
Retina-ready: Fox uses icon font for everything so it looks sharp even on iPhone X with 3x zoom or any retina device.
Upload custom mobile logo: You can upload mobile version of your site logo. By default, it’s text logo that’s very light-weight.
Fox or none of our WordPress themes or plugins collect any kind of personal data, like email, name or IP addresses.
Fox is optimized for mobile, it’s definitely good for SEO.
It’s fast this is absolutely good for SEO.
Text Logo : Fox is a text logo WP theme, it’s good for SEO.
Theme is semantic in schema.org standard : article, header, footer, heading etc. Microdata supported.
Coded with latest HTML5 & CSS3 technique.
All headings H1, H2, H3 are well-organized.
CSS, JS files are minified to improve site speed.
All Google Fonts are combined into single-call to load, and only necessary font weights are loaded.
Built-in Homeage Builder
Fox has a built-in simple homepage builder with unlimited sections and live view to build your homepage. In fact, all demos are made out of built-in homepage builder. No extra page builders is required. No Elementor/Visual Composer or any page builder needed.
What’s advantages of a built-in page builder? Third-party builders often have a lot of redundant elements because they’re built for multi-purpose. Their options are often generic and difficult to set consitently. Also, their mobile design is bland.
The Fox homepage builder allows you to build as many sections as you want with drag & drop like a normal page builder. Here’s list of each section options:
- Choose what’s to display: from 9 predefined layouts: big post, slider, grid, masonry (pinterest-like), list, group 1, group 2, standard, vertical.
- Choose post source: Latest posts, mos viewed, best rated, any category, author, post format or custom post type.
- Shortcode is allowed: If you don’t want to display posts, you can enter any shortcode instead (eg. newsleter form or stock market table)
- Customize components: Show/hide post title, thumbnail, excerpt, author.. or anything in each section
- Sidebar: Display fullwidth or sidebar left/right. Select any sidebar or create a new one. Fox supports unlimited sidebars. Sidebar can set to be sticky.
- Section heading: Choose among 10 predefined heading designs, you can set size, alignment, color and link to each heading.
- Background, color and section border
Option Search right in Customizer
Fox is among only few themes with search functionality in Option panel. Just enter keyword, say “post title” then it’ll suggest you Post title font, post title size, post title color etc. Save your time by a lot and increase your productivity.
Versatile Post Layouts
Fox contains a lot of blog post layouts, each has a lot of option so that you can customize each block for your need. Each of following layouts can be choosen for homepage builder section, main blog stream, archive category/tag/author, or each individual category/tag.
- Modern Post Slider
- Standard post
- Post Grid with column option from 2-5 columns
- Post Masonry (Pinterest-like layout) with column option from 2-5 columns
- Post List
- Post Group 1
- Post Group 2
- Post Vertical
- Big Post
- Post Slider
- Post Newspaper (mix between 2 column masonry and standard)
Advanced query options
Here’s what you can control:
- Number of posts to show
- Post source: Latest posts, sticky posts, featured posts, only gallery/video/audio posts, random posts or from custom post type
- Categories to include/exclude,
- Authors to include/exclude
- Offset (number of posts to skip)
- Order by: Title, date, view count, comment count or random
- Write your custom query if you understand how to write WP custom query
Custom Post Type
Fox supports very well custom post type and custom taxonomy. To create custom post type, you can install Custom post type UI plugin, create your Book or Movie post type, Movie Genre taxonomies.. Fox can recognizes all of them and adds them to query in homepage builder.
Homepage builder allows you to load unique posts only. It means posts are being loaded in section 1 won’t show up again in section 2. It gives your readers a consistent experience.
Archive Top Area
In each category/tag, you may choose to display most viewed posts or featured posts of that category/tag in some manner: post group 1, group 2, vertical post, post grid.. Here’s an example of top area of archive page.
Category, Tag Options
Each category, tag has its own option set. You can choose different layouts for different categories. Here’s the list of options you can set for each individual category/tag:
- Post layout: grid, masonry, list, standard..
- Sidebar: Left, right or no sidebar
- Top area: layout for top area or disable.
- Category cover image. Example >>
- Sidebar selection: It means you can display different sidebars for different categories.
Built-in author options
- Social profile URL such as facebook, twitter, instagram..
- Author avatar: So you don’t need to register a user avatar in Gravatar
- Author cover image. Example >>
Fox has a built-in simple Sidebar Manager that allows you to create as many sidebars as you want. Who needs this? You will need this in case:
- Use a custom sidebar only only for homepage builder
- Use a custom sidebar for some page
- Use a custom sidebar for some post
- Use a custom sidebar for some category/tag
All of those are possible with Fox.
Advanced Thumbnail Options
You can choose over landscape, square, portrait thumbnail for your blog posts or enter your custom thumbnail size that right to you, eg. 720×400. Thumbnail hover effect:
- Image Fade
- Image darken
- Your brand logo hover image
- First letter of post title
Total Typography Control
Fox contains 3 primary font positions: body font, heading font and navigation font. For each position, you can choose to use system font (Helvetica, Georgia..), Google Font or upload your own font (woff2 and woff files).
For other elements (post title, content, widget title, post meta, button, input form etc), you can select either font from those primary positions or enter your own custom font.
Each Google font, you can select only font weights you need to load to improve loading speed. Latest Fox Google font list update: April 09, 2020
Each element, you can control font size, font size on tablet and mobile, font weight, font style, letter spacing, line-height, text transform, color, link hover text decoration.
Here’s the list of typography elements you can control:
- Body font
- Heading font
- Navigation first level
- Navigation dropdown
- Logo font
- Off-canvas mobile menu
- Section heading font
- Blog post title
- Blog post meta
- Standalone category (above post title)
- Single post title
- Single post subtitle
- Single post content
- Single label heading
- Archive title font
- Widget title
- Form input
- Block quote
- Drop cap (with Gothic font option)
- Image caption
Also full option for languages supported: Latin, Latin Extended, Greek, Greek Extended, Cyrillic, Cyrillic Extended, Vietnamese.
Boxed Layout with custom background
- Wide Layout by default.
- Boxed Layout: For boxed layout, you can set background color/image and border. Example of background image >>
Content width can be set to 1020px, 1170px or any number you want. Feel free to change the sidebar width too.
5 Header Layouts
- Stack 1: [Navigation bar] – [Logo]
- Stack 2: [Logo] – [Navigation bar]
- Stack 3: [Search, Logo, Social] – [Menu]
- Stack 4: [Menu] – [Search, Logo, Social]
- Inline: Logo Left – Menu Right
Sticky header can be enabled/disabled.
Powerful Menu Options
Mega menu: To enable mega menu, you just need to check to the menu item: Enable this. Very simple. Fox supports 2, 3, 4 column mega menu item.
Loads latest posts from category: You can enable this feature for category menu item in the back end, so that when your visitors hover a category menu item, it loads latest posts in that category.
Menu icon: You can enter menu icon from Font Awesome 5 set or Feather icon set.
Off canvas menu
You can choose an off canvas menu that differs from your main header menu.
The hamburger button can be enabled for disabled. Example of minimal header with no menu, only hamburger button >>.
Text Logo and Image Logo
Fox supports text logo with full customization over logo style: font face, size, weight, color.. Text logo is practically good for SEO and is a simple solution if you don’t want to design an image logo. If you have your own design, image logo is supported. Fox also has option for logo on mobile (a smaller logo for mobile header).
Flexible Footer Sidebars
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 2/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 2/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 2/4
- 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3
- 2/3 + 1/3
- 1/3 + 2/3
- 1/2 + 1/2
Widgets often being used in footer sidebars:
- Text widget
- About widget
- Post List
- Menu links
- Footer Menu
- Footer Logo
- Newsletter form
- Search form
Build your own footer with your creativity while Fox supports custom color and background color/image for footer sidebars.
Versatile single post layouts
There’re 6 predefined single post layouts, that you can set locally for each individual post or globally for all posts
- Layout 1: Thumbnail – Title – Content
- Layout 1b: Title – Thumbnail – Content
- Layout 2: [Title] – [Thumbnail] – [Content]
- Layout 3: [Thumbnail] – [Title & Content]
- Layout 4: Hero Full
- Layout 5: Hero Half (Dark and Light)
Post Formats Supported
- Standard post
- Video post: YouTube, Vimeo or any popular video service. You can also upload your own mp4 video file.
- Audio post: Spotify, Soundcloud or any popular audio service. You can also upload your own audio file.
- Gallery post: with 7 gallery styles, see below.
- Link format: Your post in blog can point to an external link
Autoload Next Post
Create an infinite scroll for single posts to keep your visitors on site. When visitors reach to the bottom of single post, it loads a new post automatically.
This is a feature inspired by qz.com or elle.com
Here’s an example. Note: it loads only 1 post for sample. When you enable it in your site, it loads infinitely.
Automatic video thumbnail
Once Youtube or Vimeo video URL set for your video format post, Fox automatically pulls thumbnail from the video for your post.
Two column text
You can control column text for each individual post in post settings area. It can be set globally as well.
Beautiful drop cap for your post. Drop cap can be set globally as initial letter of every post, or being set for any paragraph. There’re 3 drop cap styles:
- Simple letter
- Dark background
- Color background
Drop cap fonts can be choosen: Same body font, heading font, navigation font or Gothic font. Example of drop cap with Gothic font >>
Built-in Light box
Fox integrates a beautiful light box. See example of gallery with light box >>
The reading progress indicates how much your post content has been read. You can enable/disable it, set it at top or bottom with custom thickness and color. See example of reading progress >>
Post View Counter
Fox integrates a simple post view counter but in a separated plugin. You may choose to install it or not. It counts post views by session so it’s pretty correct. It means refreshing the post 10 times in 1 minute still counts as 1 view.
In each builder section or post list widget, you have option to display most viewed posts: all time, yearly, monthly or weekly.
There’s a graph in the dashboard to represent view statistics.
Fox integrates related posts in few positions: after post content, bottom of single post or in footer sliding box.
Related post source can be: same tags, same category, same author, latest posts, featured posts.
You can display related posts in grid 2 – 4 columns or in a list.
Fox integrates a simple built-in review system that helps you to build a review blog/magazine such as book review, movie review etc.
In widgets, you can choose to display latest reviews or best rated articles.
Example of sponsored post >> You can change the sponsor label, name, image logo, image width and the sponsor URL.
For live events like football match or an outbreak (Coronavirus, Forest Fire..), it has a label as “Live post” (both on blog and in single post) and the time indicator of latest update time. This feature is inspired by news sites like NyTimes, BBC, CNN..
Align Wide & Fullwidth Images
You can choose to set each image in your post to be aligned wide (120px larger than the post content width) or fullwidth (to the edge of screen).
Those options can be set for each image, each post or all posts.
7 Gallery Styles
- Image Grid gallery with options 2 – 5 columns
- Pinterest-like image gallery with options 2-5 columns
- Carousel gallery
- Stack Images
- Image Slider
- Metro gallery style
- Rich-content slider
Fox has a lot of ad spots you can use responsive banner ad or enter your own ad code, say Adsense. Each banner ad has option for desktop banner, tablet and mobile ad. Here’re spots you can insert your ads:
- Before Header
- After Header
- After Logo
- Before each homepage builder section
- Before the main stream posts in homepage builder
- Main Sidebar
- 4 Footer Columns
- Before single post title
- Before single post content
- After single post content
- In a page if you use Elementor.
- Image box (New)
- Coronavirus data (New)
- About widget
- Instagram Feed (third-party)
- Facebook Like Box
- Pinterest Feed
- Responsive Ad (Banner or custom Adsense Code)
- Post List (Latest, Most Viewed, Best Rated)
- Author List
- Social List
- Mailchimp Form For WP (third-party)
- Header, Footer Logo
- Header, Footer Menu
Built-in Coronavirus Data Widget included
With world wide spread of the Covid 19 pandemic, many sites now require a live update of the pandemic locally or globally. Since v4.4, Fox includes a built-in Coronavirus widget update with data from Johns Hopkins University, New York Times and Worldometers combined. See a live demo here >>. You can display number of total cases, new confirmed cases, total deaths from:
- Any country, say USA, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Russia etc
- Any continent, eg. Europe, Asia, North America etc
- Any U.S. State, eg. New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey etc
- And a table below with data from all countries around the world or all U.S states
With smart data cached you can set from 15 mins – 24 hours, it doesn’t slow down your site while the data is still up to date. This widget is EXCLUSIVELY included in The Fox theme and you’ll see it right after install the theme under Appearance > Widgets tab. Enter your own country/state. No further actions needed.
Elementor page builder ready
Elementor is a free page builder has powered more than 4 millions of WordPress sites. Even not required but Fox works very well with Elementor and comes with extra Elementor addons:
- Post Standard Layout
- Post Newspaper Layout
- Post Grid Layout
- Post Masonry (Pinterest-like) Layout
- Post List Layout
- Post Vertical Layout
- Post Big Layout
- Post Slider Layout
- Post Group 1 (2 columns)
- Post Group 2 (3 columns)
- Author Grid/List
- Responsive Ad
- Elementor page builder
- WooCommerce plugin for shop
- Contact Form 7
- Mailchimp For WP
- SEO Yoast
- Instagram Feed
- All in one security
- WP Rocket (premium)
- Lazy Load
- Loco Translate
- WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache
Fox supports share icons of all popular social sites. You can display share icons before, sticky along post or after the post content.
- Messenger (only rare themes support this)
(Note that Instagram doesn’t have a share button)
Fox supports more than 20 essential translation words right inside the customizer panel so you don’t need to install a third-party translation plugin. Words you can translate quickly in Customizer:
- Keep Reading
- Read More
- Type and hit enter
- by %
- Published on
- Latest posts
- You might be interested in
- and many words
- Human-reading time: 3 days ago, 19 hours ago..
- Sentence base: word or character
- Multi-site ready
- Cross browser compatibility: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge.
- Retina ready
- Support for multi page articles
- Child theme supported
- Reading time in post meta
- CSS, JS Compressed by default. However, you can select to load many individual files if you want for your own purpose.
- Show/Hide everything in your site.
- Most of options are local and global: ie. there’s an option for each single post and there’s an option in Customizer that applies for all posts.
- Font Awesome 5 icon list
- Custom header logo URL
- Upload default thumbnail in case there’s no thumbnail
- Custom post blog thumbnail, ie. you can set blog image that’s different from single post thumbnail.